Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Eleven Eleven Eleven

I cannot get over the fact that those students will graduate in 2025. That really truly blows my mind.

Ms. Cassidy definitely sounds like an extremely creative and inspiring teacher. Her kids are cute, which I think would make teaching them easier. Also harder, because with me, they could get by with a lot more with a good puppy face. I still have not really decided how I feel about her ideas for blogs in the classroom. I think that I will try to find something similar in my own classroom, for a few reasons. 1. I think that kids get really excited if they can see that people all over the world get to see what they can do. They get attention, and THEY'RE FAMOUS! 1 1/2. I also think that children would benefit a world if they can give and receive feedback from other students and adults all over the world (using Wiki) to answer their own questions and classroom work. 2. I think that it is so very helpful that the students can check up on their own work and parents can see what is going on in the class if it is all online. No more forgotten flyers, homework, or books left at school. Because I hope to work in a low-income, rural area, Ms. Cassidy has inspired me that grants and federal funding can be earned with a little knowledge and a lot of motivation. She is a neat lady. I think that her students will learn that anything is possible, how to use technology responsibly, and how to find their own resources, through their own learning and exploring.




I am also really glad that Ms. Cassidy said she doesn't use technology much personally. Or something she is particularly interested in for herself. She cares more about the students and preparing them for their own lives. I think this is how it should be.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jenna,
    That is pretty wild that these kids will graduate in 2025. I did not even think about until I read your post. Knowing these kids are the future of this world really puts things into perspective. We definitely need to do all we can to help them; they are the ones that are going to help us when they become adults. I too believe the audience these students receive is quite beneficial. They have a sense of accomplishment as well as great feedback and collaboration. I admire you for wanting to teach inn low income rural areas. Those areas need people who care. This is a great post.

    ReplyDelete