Monday, December 5, 2011

See 4 Tee 4

Mr. Bernia: The Principal's Principles
Note: I do not really understand why I have been assigned to Mr. Bernia for C4T 3 & 4. Not that I don't enjoy his posts or disagree with him, I just think variety would have been better.

Post #1
Mr. Bernia's first post begins by pointing out the over-use of the words "innovation" and "data-driven" in education. It emphasizes all teachers' and administrators' desire to make their mark in the classroom and on children's lives. My favorite part is Mr. Bernia's introduction to the idea of intrapreneurs and teacherpreneurs which sounds like an effective way for teachers to lead their classrooms, progress academically, and change lives.
My Comment:
Mr. Bernia,
I definitely agree that, by themselves, the words “innovation” and “data-driven” really have little to no meaning. However, through placing importance on building connections, your conclusion makes perfect sense. You cannot innovate without quality data to use as a base, to present a need for the innovation. However, you cannot have quality data without a core of supporters and collaborators- whether teachers, principals, or lunch ladies- to help realize where change can be made. There is no room for this cycle to end, either. With these strong connections, great minds will always come together to pose the need for innovation and creativity in a different aspect of the school.
I checked out the articles you highlighted about intrapreneurs and teacherpreneurs. I agree! The concept is fascinating and a great way to put words to the idea of progress and change every school yearns for. I will definitely keep those pages and overall concepts bookmarked for the future. Thank you!

Post #2
Mr. Bernia's post explored the idea, in the future, of the possibility of a school without a principal. I thought this was clever and something I had never thought about. It emphasizes the need for teachers to be leaders- "teacherpreneurs" for their classrooms in the future.
My Comment:
Mr. Bernia,
I thought your post was very insightful. The idea of an education system existing without principals was something that has never occurred to me! I think the progression of "teacher-preneurs" that the video incorporates would provide the transition, if it were to happen. However, it seems to me teachers already have enough on their plate, and a system such as this would probably require more schooling and training- not something everyone wants to do. In accordance with you, I believe that there will always be a need for an authority figure. Perhaps this vision will be carried out as a new form of administration instead. All very interesting, worrisome but exciting for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment